SnA Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

3 posters

Go down

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Empty Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Post by Michelle Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
--Thomas Haynes Bayly

How true is that? Write your GP (General Paper) essay here. Laughing
Michelle
Michelle
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Empty Re: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Post by Jessamine Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:39 am

" absence makes the heart fonder" and "presence strengthen it." someone also told me that the phrase "absence makes the heart fonder" is the polar opposite of "out of sight, out of mind." and yea, i agree to a certain extent! Absence gives the heart perspective. It allows us to see if we really want to be with this person, how much we really miss them, and how happy we are without them. but not forgetting that the too much absence makes the heart go wander.

well, too much of something is never good. just my 2 cents worth=)
Jessamine
Jessamine

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://those-oldmelodies.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Empty Re: Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Post by stickers Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:56 pm

I think it depends.. on the conditions set before the absence was activated.
The reasons for this absence, and the duration also. If there was some kind of promise or a pact, then i guess it does make it feel good when the long awaited day arrives. Plus constant and effective communication along the way does help make things alot better.

If it was absence without a trace, or something that involves a considerable amount of uncertain factors, then sometimes i think absence makes the heart wander. Its hard holding onto something that you don't know.

haha, less than 100 words my essay. pass? =x
stickers
stickers

Male
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down